Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sore Throat

So, since about Tuesday night I've been noticing it harder to sing in my upper range, and my throat getting smaller and smaller. Definitely a question for a lesson is warming up and keeping your throat open. I just woke up with a really sore throat and I think I'm catching a cold. Do singers know four days in advance that they're catching a cold? Part of me thinks it could be the cold air coming in my window last night, I'm assuming that would close up your throat. But I know that being in the cold won't actually give you a cold (contrary to what anyone could ever convince my grandmother). A cold is a virus that you actually are infected with. The term "rhino virus" comes to mind from an episode of House MD. Anyway, I just had a hot shower that helped my throat a bit. I think the next plan of attack is some chicken noodle soup (although it has no scientific basis more reliable than my grandmother's thoughts on "catching" a cold, it does feel good on the throat). I guess this will be a good day to read psych instead of singing scales…
Thanks for reading,
Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment