Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Purpose of the Exercise

The whole exercise of becoming a better singer was for purpose of being a better music teacher. I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and work on singing lately. Well not in the way I envisioned this process taking place. I've been in my practicum. But, the whole practicum experience is definitely helping me a lot. Obviously for teaching, but also in my singing journey. I've been doing singing with about half of the classes I teach and it's really helping my singing out. Especially the head voice. My tone, tuning, range and head voice have all improved immensely from using them teaching classes. Yesterday I taught three songs by rote to a grade 3 class for their holiday concert. I had no problem singing in my head voice (to model singing in head voice for the students), and that whole class went really well. Although I haven't had time to work on the rep I've chosen to deal with, my singing is improving immensely and it's working great for the situation that I actually wanted to improve my singing for.

In other news, my practicum is also going really well. I do not want to leave my school at all and go back to classes. I'm loving teaching and my students as well.

Thanks for reading,
Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment